Monday 4 April 2011

Hatchet II (2010) 6/10

Starring : Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, Tony Todd, Parry Shen
Director : Adam Green
Running Time : 86 mins

Having been the only one to escape from death at the hands of hideously deformed killer Victor Crowley (Hodder), Marybeth Dunston (Harris) returns to Crowley’s Louisiana swamp home with an army of hunters in order to recover the bodies of her dead friends and to put an end to Crowley’s reign of terror once and for all.

I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I was by this terrible sequel. Hatchet is one of my all-time favourite horror films of recent years, thanks in most part to a fantastic cast and some ridiculously over-the-top violence, but it was also the script that I loved. Imagine my surprise after watching this to realise that Adam Green had written both movies! This almost felt like someone trying to copy his style and failing miserably, an it’s probably harder to take that the original writer is responsible. My advice – watch the original and pretend there isn’t a sequel.

You’ll like this if you liked : Halloween III



No comments: